Farmerchick heres my processer

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by NC chicken man, Jan 7, 2009.

1. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NC chicken man

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    [​IMG]

it takes us about two to two and a half hrs to process anout 80 birds.

Aaron

3. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    LOL---I sure couldn't miss this thread...thank you for posting the pics.

that is basically what I was trying to accomplish and never got around to the time to do it, having my hands in too many farming aspects.

that is a nice set up! all that equipment is wonderful and I bet you can do fast work of processing with such a nice line.

thanks again for posting! enjoyed seeing all!

4. Poorfarmer

Poorfarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2008
    Sherburne NY
    Nice job on the set up. Thank You for posting that

5. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Are you up and taking customers yet? Please email me with prices, if so.

6. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, very nice setup. Can you explain it a bit? Like- the rubbermaid coolers with the drain lines? And, your scalder- home made or purchased? If home made, details? Great pics!

7. NC chicken man

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    The scalder,plucker and killing cones we made ,let me go back just a little me and a buddy of mine that i have known for about 30 years desided to join forces ,we had both farmed all or most our lives we just desided we needed to direct market we done alot of research and on march 14th of last Polyface Farm has one free tour a month ,so we went up to Joel place seen all he had and we where the last to leave and we ask a lot of questions ,and while we took a lot of measurements remember if the wheel aint broke dont fix it ,lol .me ans Danny had (have) alot to learn he has a cow calf operation and my daddy had cows all of my life to and about 5 years ago I got my first chicken and DNA Farms was born Danny N Aaron after we got back from Polyface we built our equipment and got our first meat birds at the end of june and now we have right at 300 layers we raised about 450 meat birds this and 100 turkeys we sell eggs,chickens,turkeys and beef all grass fed.
    The rubbermaid watering trough is where we put the chickens in after we process them to cool them down they start in the white cast iron bath then as the day progresses we move from tub to tank to tank to cool down and we just added drain lines to drain the water away from the building.

8. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:How did you make the scalder? I'm kicking around building one now, and that looks nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by