FARMERISTAS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by farmeristas, Oct 16, 2014.

1. farmeristas

farmeristas Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2014
    HELLO DEAR FORUM
    Its the time i had to pass from anonimity to registering :D
    A chef working in london and beeing really anoyed by how our food is proccesed gave it all up came back to greece
    beeing on the plans still of making a small size farm wich will provide the region with fresh products from well treated animals!!!!
    producing some olive oil, raisins, and fine wines nice to meet you all and time for long posts is here :D!!!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your new farm and projects!

3. CherMoz

CherMoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    South Central Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC! I hear you on the annoyance of how our food is processed and inhumane treatment of animals. It will be very interesting to hear about your farming adventures. Best wishes to you on your endeavor!

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

So you are originally from Greece? Growing up we had neighbors who were Greek and they used to have the most incredible celebrations where I was introduced to a lot of the Greek culture and, most importantly, the FOOD!!!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

6. farmeristas

Oct 16, 2014
    This forum is so amazing you guys and girls are so friendly its like the "kind people forum" [​IMG]
    i've been reading you long enough guys just now had to clear something and needed to post
    as i said am in the planing part managing space in farm (maybe you should know that my farm is not biger than mostly 20 acres)
    some times its really fustrating the dificulties that you meet and as i mentioned the lack of recycled materials gives me a headace as am trying to keep costs low,
    as am trying to house all the animals 20 sheeps,40 ducks,20 chickens,3-10 geese, 5 goats, a couple pigs, i should choose pure breeds of europe and breed them up as am expanding in the future!!!!
    all these animals will be fed from organic feeds and grazing grown 100% from me!!!
    So probably from february i will start posting pics of the constructions :D

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG]

8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Sounds like the beginnings of a great adventure for you - with the animals you have planned you would do well with rotational grazing which maximizes the benefits each species can take from the space available as one species moves to the next tract and a new species is moved in.

9. farmeristas

Oct 16, 2014
    there will be land for rotational grazing and there will be land for producing feeding for the treats and the extras!!

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by