Farmers Market Rules...

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Not sure if this is posted in the right spot, please feel free to move it if I misplaced it...

My little farm just got invited to a brand new very local farmers market, (yay for me!), anywho, I don't know the laws and regulations here in California for selling food products and I am having a very hard time figuring them out, I keep finding contradictory info and almost NO info for California specifically.

I asked the people hosting the FM and they stated all I needed was a business license.

I will be selling live and processed animals, as well as things like Jams and Marmalades.

I need help figuring out what exactly I am supposed to have for this to be done legally.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help!

2. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Check with your Dept of Agricultural for the rules and regs. I suspect if you're going to sell live/processed animals you'll need more than just a license! You'll probably have to have inspections if you wish to process them "on site" (your farm) for your customers.

3. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by