Farmers Market

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sparkles2307, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Anyone have much luck selling thier eggs at farmers markets? I'd like to give it a try but would hate for it to be a waste of my time! I guess if the Russine lady who sells her fresh bagels and canned pickles can clean up then I should be able to with eggs right?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I wish I could - our Farmer's Market is Thursday from 8 to noon and I work full time. [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    According to our health dept. we can sell them as long as they are kept in a cooler...(at 40*--but no one checks for that.).

4. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    From what I hear, the eggs are the first to go. Got to get there early to get them.

5. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    Quote:My mom is the Farmer's Market Manager, and thanks to that more people know us and the farm. I have no problem what so ever selling my brown eggs at the market! I usually take a giant white cooler that holds about 20dozen and I am sold out by noon! Our market here runs from 9am to 12pm! If people come to late and they want eggs I ask them to come down to the farm and I give them the eggs then, or I write down their name so I can call them the next day and deliver the eggs to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by