Farmers Wife, Living the Life!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RachelmossSD, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RachelmossSD

RachelmossSD New Egg

Apr 9, 2012
    South Dakota
    I FINALLY talked my husband into getting chicks! We have had them for about 6 weeks now, and they are doing fantastic! this site has been a big help, and since i finally joined i thought id introduce myself! I am 26 and live on a farm in eastern South Dakota with my wonderful husband (newlyweds! yay us! lol) our 7 year old boy, a Viszla named Sage (a hungarian bird dog for those who dont know) 40 black angus cows, 3 black angus bulls, 2 belgian horses named Rosie and Inez, a black 25 year old Gelding named Bill, and 14 baby chickens, our newest additions! We have 5 Cornish Cross (husbands idea so they dont have names so i dont get too attached :( ), 3 Black Australorp (Conda, Wendy, Ida) , 2 Red Production (Linda, Loretta) 3 California White(Betty, Barbara, and Blanche) and one Silver Laced Wyandotte (Lacey). So we have our hands full thats for sure! We also farm 1200 acres of farm land, mostly corn and beans. Very excited to learn more about my little ladies, and get to know some of you as well!

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome

Sounds busy round your place, what a diverse flock! have you checked out BYC's sister site, Backyardherds? You might enjoy it there too. ;) Congrats on your new chicks (and your wedding!) I'm glad they are doing well. I hope you continue to enjoy the site. See you round! :D

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. Peppy Peep

Peppy Peep Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Hi and [​IMG] I am new on here too but I really enjoy chatting with other chicken people!!!!! Hope you like it!!

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. RachelmossSD

RachelmossSD New Egg

Apr 9, 2012
    South Dakota
    So sadly my lovely (very naughty dog) decided today, after weeks of not even paying attention to my ladies, that a chicken snack would be good! She got my silver lace and a California white... caught her red handed with the white... so I did a quick inventory and Lacey was gone too :(. And the part I can't figure out is how! There are no holes in the coop or under itand there is no sign of where she got them from! Apparently she is a magician... and will be residing in doggy prison for a while... ugh! Thanks for listening!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by