Fastest "Hot" Breakfast Recipe Ever

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by GoodyChickenShz, Feb 17, 2009.

1. GoodyChickenShz

GoodyChickenShz Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    The CA High Desert
    Okay, here it is. This is a fast, simple and simply delicious way to cook your morning eggs.

1. Spray the inside of a largish coffee mug with non-stick spray. Do not forget this step or you will have a mess to clean!

2. Beat two eggs together with a tablespoon or so of cold water. I add salt and pepper at this point but some folks think salt at this point toughens the eggs. Your choice!

3. Pour beaten eggs into mug and place in center of microwave. Cook on high for 1 minute.

4. Break up eggs with a fork and mix well. Add a large pinch of your favorite grated cheese. Cook in microwave for another 10-15 seconds, depending on how wet or dry you like your eggs.

5. Remove from microwave and chow down!

If you like, you can add finely chopped onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc., in step 2. I usually add a chipotle salsa in step 4. Mmmmmmm good.

2. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

That's something I have to try!

3. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Make sure that after you take the eggs out of the microwave and stir them they don't explode. Trust me. This can happen. One exploded into my eye last night. It burned my eyelid and hurt like a motha.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    And don't EVER put an egg with the yolk unbroken in the microwave!!! [​IMG]

5. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Never done it, but it doesn't sound good. [​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh you are soooooo right!!! It didn't sound good at all! It was LOUD when that thing exploded! [​IMG]

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    COOOOOOL.

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I do the same thing with jalapenos and Parmesan cheese...sometimes I add diced onions, peppers, tomatoes and polish sausage. [​IMG]

9. deenamr

deenamr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Central Oregon
    I love this. I put mine on a whole wheat english muffin and eat it on the run.

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I put a whole un broken egg yolk in the microwave once! My mom was like it's going to blow up. Took it out after 20 seconds, set it on the counter near my mom, she had this look on her face and said "I thought it was going..." *POP* and the egg blew up and sprayed egg EVERYWHERE. [​IMG]

We were laughing so hard picking yolk off the kitchen. She spoke too soon and I blamed her for even thinking it would explode. LOL

My poor mom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by