Fat Cat Success!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mandelyn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Bubba-chunk may soon lose his middle name! He weighed in at 14 pounds last week. He slept ALL day upstairs, only coming down in the evening to sleep some more in front of the TV, with some half hearted play.

He's on Blue Buffalo weight management food, with supplemental raw, such as chicken liver or venison.

I can look at him and see he's thinner. But the biggest change? His lifestyle.

He now follows me EVERYWHERE, with a decidedly active little run, darting out ahead of me. His favorite toy is the stick-toy combo with a string. He'll drag around the whole thing! He'll chase it, swat it, bite it, and generally kill it with zest.

He pops out of bed in the morning, follows for all of my routine. Requests play by dragging his toy out, he talks to me, pats and bats at my lap for entertainment and love.

He no longer stares off into space, he's no longer giving me looks of disdain when I want to play with him. If I call, he comes running... instead of making me find him and me getting rewarded with a lazy yawn, stretch, and return to sleep.

I thought he was a dud. Sweet, but boring. No.. he was just too fat to have any fun.

Now he's like a puppy. [​IMG] It's only been 13 days.

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

That's great! The higher activity level moreso than looking thinner. What was his top/starting weight? The 14 lbs, or was he bigger than that??

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

From your Bubba-chunk's mouth to my Blimp's ear. [​IMG]

Imp

4. mandelyn

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    14 pounds 3 days after coming home. He has a little frame and a peanut head, he's not built to be that big.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Your "peanut" head description cracked me up for some reason. [​IMG]

6. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    we'll need some before and after photos. I must know what a "peanut head" looks like. lol [​IMG]

7. mandelyn

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    [​IMG] To me anything with a small skull is a "peanut" head if the body isn't proportionate. I'm putting off photos until he's thinner, I have a before shot, waiting for the "after".

He's a cool cat now that he's all settled in and feeling better. He's learning to "give hugs" with both paws. [​IMG]

8. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    "Peanut Head" [​IMG]

We used to have a cat we called Beatlejuice Head - remember that scene in Beatlejuice where he had a 'shrunken head'? [​IMG]

9. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Isn't that just the Greatest feeling when they finally come "Alive" with you?

I love it when cats do that, their eyes seem to shine,

they have a spring in their step, and they finally can be themselves! [​IMG]

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by