FatDaddy owes joe125 $2.04! Settling the wager...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by magicpigeon, Aug 8, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Well the brown quail y'all betted on is definetely male. He crowed today. And has mounted the 2 other hens. [​IMG] Don't look at me like that. [​IMG]

2. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:Well thats how it goes, put down your money and roll the dice!!! Good luck with your birds. Bill

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    so the tux is the male?...I had my suspicions, he was looking at me funny, but, I owe too...

how are the birds doing?

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Well now I'm starting to see why they looked so good in the previous pics. He has a favourite hen and she has a bald patch on her head [​IMG] is that normal? Or does he need "another" partner? [​IMG] (quail maths again)

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Another hen wont hurt. That being said, I have 1 roo and 5 hens and one is OBVIOUSLY the favorite. Hopefully the poor thing grows more feathers before it gets cold or I will have to knit her a sweater!!!

6. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:He needs 3 to 5 hens.... I'v have one with 8 hens and still had bald girls. depends on the roo! Bill

7. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    One think I've definitely learned about birds there's no exact way to do anything their all different.

8. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:He needs 3 to 5 hens.... I'v have one with 8 hens and still had bald girls. depends on the roo! Bill

That must be one big roo to have 8 ladies with him....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by