Father-in-law is looking for an incubator to buy Northern NY.

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
He is wanting to hatch some eggs out this summer but have a better start than last year. He tried using his brother's old metal bators and they were hard to get the lid off so most eggs didn't hatch from the bator being moved around trying to pull the lid off. We borrowed a friend's bator that only holds 18 eggs and has a turner that worked good but just didn't hold enough eggs. From what I know he is looking for maybe one of those styrofoam ones that hold about 50 eggs at a responible price/shipping or if anyone has one close enough that we could pick up we would be willing to buy a bigger incubator. We live in Rensselaer Falls, NY 13680. He'd rather see if anyone has one before buying one out of a catalog.

Last edited:
We are still looking. If anyone has any that is larger at a reasonable price we may be willing to drive an hour for pick up. PM me if you have any.

Did you see the homemade Incubator thread?

We made one out of a styrafoam worm cooler, its holding about 30 eggs. It was pretty cheap to make to, just 8 bucks for the water heater thermostat and 12 bucks for the thermometer/hygrometer. The rest of the supplies we had laying about.

I keep seeing someone with an incubator trying to sell it on the Rochester CL, its kinda pricey though.

Back
Top Bottom