fault in incubator thermometer

Daniel-ir-74

Chirping
Aug 24, 2016
South of Iran
hi everybody
I'm planning to setup an incubator that I got from a friend, the incubator model is JN5-60.
I also have a thermometer for showing the humidity ( it also shows the temperature).
from what I have been reading, I'm supposed to set the temperature to 37.5 C for the first 18 days but when I turn the incubator on and set the temperature to 37.5 my other thermometer shows 4 C higher (42) and I have to set the temperature to 34 for my thermometer to shows the temperature 37.5-38

my question is which thermometer I can trust ? (incubator thermometer or my other thermometer)

thank you.

You will need to calibrate the thermometers to determine which, if either, is accurate. There are several methods to do this - you can find information here on BYC with a search or on the wider web as well and decide which method is best suited to you and the devices you are testing.

hi everybody ... I'm planning to setup an incubator that I got from a friend, the incubator model is JN5-60. I also have a thermometer for showing the humidity ( it also shows the temperature). from what I have been reading, I'm supposed to set the temperature to 37.5 C for the first 18 days but when I turn the incubator on and set the temperature to 37.5 my other thermometer shows 4 C higher (42) and I have to set the temperature to 34 for my thermometer to shows the temperature 37.5-38 my question is which thermometer I can trust ? (incubator thermometer or my other thermometer) thank you.
I have one of those digital hygrometer/thermometers... and I don't believe the reading on them at all... I got a mercury thermometer and it reads the same as my incubator
1f60a.png
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom