Fav recipe for easter and maybe a recipe book for sell !!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by lovemychicks2much, Apr 11, 2009.

1. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    I thought with easter being on Suday i would ask what everyones fav food is they are fixing and if you sont care please share the recipe for all of us i don't have any due to the fact my mom still cooks the dinner and i just make the easy stuff like mac salad and mac and cheese and some kind of desert this year its bananna pudding and pineapple upside down cake and im sure everyone here knows how to make them

Read down a couple of post to read about the book

Im so excited

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Well I guess I'll be first .

I do green bean cassarole

2 cans french style green beens
    2 cans cream mushroom soup
    mushrooms sauteed
    bacon
    and of course fried onions on top

bake at 350 for 35 min

devils eggs

miracle whip
    mustard
    garlic salt
    lemon juice
    worsteshire (sp) sauce
    pickle juice
    and papricka for looks

3. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Ohh ..forgot to add

easy cheese cake !

2 -8 oz packages of cream cheese
    2 -eggs
    1/2- cup of sugar
    1/4- tsp vanilla

buy the graham cracker shells at the store , spoon in the mixture , bake at 350 for 40 min ( min takes 30 with my oven , so just check it ....when it starts to get golden on top....it's done !)

4. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    If you all would like i will make a copy of everyones recipe and put them together and send them out to you i have no idea what it would cost to copy and to by the cover to put them in but if you would like i can do some research on this and find out and i would be more than happy to do and we could call it Easter recipes from Back Yard Forum let me know what you guys think

5. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I think that's a GREAT idea !!!! But you should call it the chicken addicts cook book.....or BYC cook book ! I'd buy one if we could get enough recipes together . Maybe you should start another thread to see if enough people would buy it......maybe NIFTY could get in on it . It'll cost more than you think ! [​IMG]

6. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Im willing to do and ill fig out the cost after we get all the recipes so i will have an idea oh what all i will need and this could go towards the help of my chick that i spend so much money on here for lol but when we get it all posted ill see what i can come up with and i will change the topic so more people will post the more the merrier

everyones name will be posted with their recipe and i will only charge a couple of dollars over the actual price of making it and shipping

I hope w get a bunch i would love for this to be a super nice book that everyone can enjoy and i will seperate the recipes into categories

I will leave this post up and going until 4-18 and then i will start finding out the price of everything and let everyone know what it will cost and you all let me know what think the book will be worth

7. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    :weeeYEAH!!!

8. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Greenbean Casserole:

4 cans frech style gr.beans-drained
    2 cans of cream of chicken soup
    1/4 can of FFonions
    pinch of salt and pepper
    little bit of milk

mix all above together, Bake @ 350 for 30 min.
    add french fried onions and bake for 5 more min.

9. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Ok i have had a request to leave this thread up for at least a month to get more recipes so i will do that as long as the recipes keep comeing in and from just some research i have done and this is just a guess on recipes numbers and so forth but i should be able to do them around 10.00 and that may include shipping and on each recipe i will inclue your byc name and your real name if you like and the state you live in that is up to you just let me know what you want included in your recipe.

thanks everyone I hope we have a great turn out on this it sounds like everyone is very excited about it

10. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by