Fave chicken you have ever had

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Maximus, May 13, 2011.

1. Maximus

Maximus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Altha Florida
    tell us all about your fave chicken you have ever had fill free to add pictures:yiipchick

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    My favorite adult chicken is my red sexlink Maggie. She's sweet, friendly, not terribly big, yet is a super layer of jumbo sized eggs. [​IMG] I am not crazy about my Delaware in the same picture. She's such a nasty bird! lol. But she *is* my best layer, so she has that going for her.
    [​IMG]

I think my salmon faverolle pullet might pass her up soon on the favorites list, though. Love that baby girl! She's only chicken I've ever had who will stand still and just let us walk up to her and pick her up! she's a bantam, but I've read her personality is typical of both large fowl and bantam faverolles. She's in the back behind the insane Easter Eggers. Only 5-6 weeks old, so still looking a little rough, but still beautiful!
    [​IMG]

3. WallTenters

WallTenters Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweet Home, OR
    My fav has been our Dominique rooster "Chantecler". He was not a pet - he would let me hold him if I needed to, but he was SO good with his ladies, and was a real gentleman. He was very protective of his flock and wasn't mean to us at all. If I'd pick up a squaking hen he'd run over to investigate and cluck to her, but wait patiently for me to set her down so he could check her over and make sure she was alright....

He's been retired from the breeding pens so has been given to a friend, he was so depressed without his hens after we moved him to the bachelor pen we just felt too bad for him [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by