Faverolle roo?? thanks for any help!

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
he/she's about 8 weeks old. Thanks for any help. *edited to change the age* i just looked at my hatch calendar hes only 5 1/2 weeks old

2009_04100157.jpg

2009_04100158.jpg

Last edited:
LOL.... thanks guys! it figures... darn roos! starting to become the bane of my existance!
rant.gif

this isn't a faverolle rooster, its more likely an easter-egger rooster. Faverolle roosters don't come color in like that unless it is a white one which are extremely rare! Also it as a pea comb (or appears to) and faverolles have single combs. (On second look, it may be a single comb the pictures not real clear. but I don't know about faverolle.

Last edited:
Quote:
very weird! he came from pasafinofarms on here...i dont think she sells EE's...just golden cuckoos and Favs.....ummm...now ya got me wondering...you sure they cant be that light?

Looks like a single comb...

And... Looks like a roo, a white faverolle roo.

But, what color are the legs?

Last edited:
What colour/variety is the chick supposed to be? It's certainly not salmon. The first photo looks like a pea comb, the 2nd like a single--which is it?

I see beard & muffs; does it have feathered legs & feet and 5 toes?

well, now i feel bad because i just gave him away early this afternoon to a guy..and i told him he was a Salmon Fav. and that i was pretty sure he was a roo. Which is what i THOUGHT he was...because i bought the eggs as pure bred eggs...i had 3 hatch from the Fav. eggs...and 2 very early on had the black on the wings..and i was told that was an indicator of a roo...so i gave them to another BYC'R....and i kept this one to watch because i thought it was a hen because it was so light. but as he grew..and the comb got bigger and pretty red for a 5 week old. i started to think he was a roo..not a hen...*sigh* i hope that guy isnt upset with me now! i dont want him to think i mislead him about the breed of the bird! UGH! are you guys positive they dont come in white? it had the feathered feet and muffs of a Fav.....maybe her line has a white gene??..

Back
Top Bottom