Faverolle roo?? thanks for any help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by redhen, Apr 11, 2009.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    he/she's about 8 weeks old. Thanks for any help. *edited to change the age* i just looked at my hatch calendar hes only 5 1/2 weeks old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    it's a boy.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Con grat U lay shuns!

Eets a boy!

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL.... thanks guys! it figures... darn roos! starting to become the bane of my existance! [​IMG]

5. kswaterfowl

kswaterfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Greencastle, IN
    this isn't a faverolle rooster, its more likely an easter-egger rooster. Faverolle roosters don't come color in like that unless it is a white one which are extremely rare! Also it as a pea comb (or appears to) and faverolles have single combs. (On second look, it may be a single comb the pictures not real clear. but I don't know about faverolle.

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:very weird! he came from pasafinofarms on here...i dont think she sells EE's...just golden cuckoos and Favs.....ummm...now ya got me wondering...you sure they cant be that light?

7. Linkoso

Linkoso Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Swe.
    Looks like a single comb...

And... Looks like a roo, a white faverolle roo.

But, what color are the legs?

8. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    The coloration is totally wrong for a Fav. rooster. Based on coloration for the breed I would say pullet or else a mutant.

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    What colour/variety is the chick supposed to be? It's certainly not salmon. The first photo looks like a pea comb, the 2nd like a single--which is it?

I see beard & muffs; does it have feathered legs & feet and 5 toes?

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    well, now i feel bad because i just gave him away early this afternoon to a guy..and i told him he was a Salmon Fav. and that i was pretty sure he was a roo. Which is what i THOUGHT he was...because i bought the eggs as pure bred eggs...i had 3 hatch from the Fav. eggs...and 2 very early on had the black on the wings..and i was told that was an indicator of a roo...so i gave them to another BYC'R....and i kept this one to watch because i thought it was a hen because it was so light. but as he grew..and the comb got bigger and pretty red for a 5 week old. i started to think he was a roo..not a hen...*sigh* i hope that guy isnt upset with me now! i dont want him to think i mislead him about the breed of the bird! UGH! are you guys positive they dont come in white? it had the feathered feet and muffs of a Fav.....maybe her line has a white gene??..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by