Faverolles Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Nov 16, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am getting a little flock of Bantam Salmon and Blue Salmon Faverolles from Hattricksilkies this weekend. I am really excited about them as I love the breed. I had two LF Faverolles in my laying flock and they were wonderful girls. Sadly I don't have them any more but I am excited about these new birds. It would be great if Breeders of both Bantam and LF Faverolles posted talking about their birds. It would also be great to get some pictures of these beauties. Its an underated breed with all of there great qualities! I have found them to be some of my favorites. I will post pics after I pick up on Saturday.

Henry

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Got any pictures stored up somewhere from when you used to have these guys?

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I haven't any of these *yet* but I have a dozen eggs from banty Salmon Faverolles in the incubator right now!! I can't wait!!

1 person likes this.
  5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Great hope you have a good hatch they are the best.

6. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Sure.................. start a Faverolles thread just after I sold all of mine and decided not to breed them. [​IMG]
    I miss them sooooooooooo much! Maybe next year with a little more time and another chicken coop I will just have to start again. [​IMG]

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:They are so addictive sorry you had to sell your flock why did you decide not to breed them anymore. Also cool breed selection pretty much the same breeds I would have if I had enough room [​IMG]

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Here is a not very good picture of one of my old LF hens
    [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Henry,

Here is my only Faverolle... I think she's suppose to be large fowl but she's tiny. She lays a nice medium rose-grey egg. This morning the Blue Wheaten bred her, I'm going to put at least two of her eggs in the bator just for fun next month.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    That should be a really cool cross! She is pretty [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by