Faverolles/ Wyandotte mix rooster??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by apack711, Oct 28, 2010.

1. apack711

apack711 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    NH/MA seacoast
    This guy was just a bonus egg given to my nephew at a swap when I was picking up some hatching eggs. He insisted on having our little broodie bantam hen hatch it. Now, 5 months later he's this giant gorgeous rooster. I'm thinking his comb looks pretty Wyandotte, but his body and leg feathering kinda remind me of a faverolle. I think the woman I got them from had those two breeds. As a chick we thought he might be a partridge cochin, but he doesn't seem to be cochin at all. Anyone have any guesses on this guy???

[​IMG]

younger pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    cockerel wyandotte for sure in him
    maybe a EE wyandotte mix

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:He would have had to get the feathered legs from somewhere so I wouldnt say EE. Wyandotte for sure with probably Cochin or maybe Brahma. I have a cute little black feather footed, rose combed Cochin X Wyandotte bantam roo at home.

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    How many toes does he have? A Faverolles cross would probably have 5. I think that gene is dominant.

5. apack711

Apr 20, 2009
    NH/MA seacoast
    Quote:Oh, I forgot to mention that. YES, he does have 5 toes [​IMG]

6. apack711

Apr 20, 2009
    NH/MA seacoast
    He's a very pretty and mild mannered rooster .... if anyone in the New England area would like him PM me, he needs a good home.

7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    If 5 toes, then he would probably have to be crossed with a Fav or maybe a Silkie ? I see a Silkie in the pic with him, did it come with him ? Silkie crosses usually have more silkie influence that 5 toes and feathered leggs, but some dont. I've had all kinds of Silkie crosses with all kinds of different silkie traits, so the silkie may be a possibility too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by