Favor to Ask You Silkie Owners

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SkyWarrior, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Be kind and gentle, please. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've been working on various articles and one that I had taken from another publisher wanted Types of Silkie Chickens. Since then, I tried writing something on it, but disliked the comments of a particular editor and decided to publish the article on Associated Content as variations of Silkie Chickens. [​IMG] One problem I had was that there weren't any photos of Silkies in public domain or available through creative commons. If you feel you can't stand another chicken photo up there and would be willing to let me use your own, let me know. [​IMG] I can't pay you, but I could give you credit.

So, here's my question, I can still edit the article if its not "right" (some articles I can, some I can't). At this stage, I'd like your expertise [​IMG] because I get the feeling I've missed things. If you're really helpful, I can give your website credit in the references. [​IMG]

Here's the article: Variations of Silkie Chickens .

Huge thanks!

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    are you needing a particular color or pose ? here are a couple of pics I can take more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have some nice Silkie pics on my website (www.funkyfeathers.com), feel free to use any of them. Just give my farm credit. I have some nice Buff pics from years ago too on my Photobucket if you want them let me know. [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Here are some pictures of my buffs you can use if you want. Just give the credit to Sundown Silkies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. SkyWarrior

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Thanks! I'll try to use photos from each of you! Huge thanks!

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    There is one correction for your article. The ASBC would not be the organization that determines proper size for the American silkie. That information would be in the standard of perfection for the American poultry assoc. There are specific weights for roosters and hens.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Here are some more pictures if you need any! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SkyWarrior

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:Awesome! Thank you! [​IMG]

9. SkyWarrior

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:OMG, the pict of the silkie with the headband just made me [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!

Thanks for some awesome picts. Who do I credit them to?

10. friedeggs

friedeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Finksburg
    Your more than welcome to pull pics from my website:) plenty of varieties. Please give credit to the suffix on the name. Not all my breeding:)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by