Favorite Author?????????????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bamadominaker, May 16, 2008.

1. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Due to my Honors English Classes in Jr. High & High School... I hated to read, in the past week I stared reading again. I had read this particular author before Sharon Sala.
    I ran out of here recent books and I am now reading Linda Lael Miller. So far I am enjoying my old found new love. I have read 3 books in the past couple of days and I was wondering if anyone else had an author that was thier favorite?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Mine mostly aren't classics or anything... but I love Sir Arthur Conon Doyle, Rudyard Kipling, R. A. Salvatore, J. R. R. Tolkein, L. Frank Baum [​IMG]... oh, and Piers Anthony [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    This may seem stupid (but I don't care) J. K. Rowling.
    I have never like reading untill I read Harry Potter last year. I know it is a kids book, but since then (after never liking to read) I have read 47 books in one year.

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Horse racing mystery writer Dick Francis ! ! ! !

5. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Isn't it amazing the joy you get from things that you hated as child. I looked at my DH the other night and told him now I know why people always said " I can get a good book and curl up on the couch" It used to drive me crazy thinking about sitting in one place and reading over and over. Now I love it. I have to make myself put it down to drive to work.

Happy reading. As long as your happy who cares who you like, at least your stimulating your brain.... [​IMG]

6. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Stphen King and i like 1 book by his son who goes by Joe Hill [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL I always had a book glued to my nose ever since I was 10! I read walking to school, late into the night even on school nights, and spent summer vacation reading entire series! I averaged 1 paperback novel a day [​IMG] Now that I am older and have kids, I have NO time for books! [​IMG] It's just impossible for me to find the time to sit down long enough and quietly enough to get more than a short article read. [​IMG] Ahhh, how I wish for my younger days!

8. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    Nicholas Sparks! He rocks!

9. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Quote:Your reading was for enjoyment when you were younger, mine was for school and I hated it. Now, it's funny that all those things have comeback full circle, except now I love it. IE: gardening, chickens, reading, sewing. I guess it's true age really does change you. I am so thankful I have more patients. I wish you could have as much time as I and get to read. You must make time for yourself. Love yourself more than anyone else.

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I have loved to read since I was little bitty. I'm 4 & 5 years older than my little sis & bro, so I was the one who read to them when they were little.
    I have kids and read to them when they were little, and make time to read for myself. I read during my lunch break at work and for 30-45 minutes each evening at bed time. It's something I crave as much as chocolate & crafts!!

My fave authors are Tolkein, Steven Brust, Stephenie Meyer, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, Charlaine Harris.... Not in that order and not limited to those folks!
    I love reading series books that have many of the same characters in them. I get attached to the characters and landscapes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by