Favorite breed

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Faith67, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Faith67

Faith67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    With the animals
    Please post your favorite breed or breeds mine is golden buff or barred rock, please check out my profile and follow me. Thanks Faith67[​IMG] These are not my chickens. I was watching a chicken camera and saved the picture.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Definitely the Brahma is my favorite breed. I can't get enough of them![​IMG]

3. Bo Garrett

Bo Garrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    There are over 400 recognized breeds and varieties of standard poultry, I consider them all my favorites!

Blessings,

Bo

4. BGMatt

BGMatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Battle Ground, WA
    I really and truly love all purebred poultry. If I had to pick only one breed and variety to keep...it'd be a coin toss between Blue Langshans (It's cheating because breeding them you get three varieties!) and some variety of Runner Ducks.

5. Faith67

Faith67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    With the animals
    Ya I like ducks too. I like alot of breeds.

6. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Wow, there are so many choices. I decided to go at it from a 'if you could only have one flock of purebred chickens' approach. First I thought of my Brahmas cuz they are so laid back and cool. But they aren't the best layers and eat a lot. Then I thought of my Salmon Faverolles (my daughters favorite chicken) because she's sweet and pretty but the eggs are only medium, then I thought I would want a really good layer so Barred Rock but the eggs are plain colored, so then I thought who lays the prettiest eggs--my Welsummer. She is an awesome layer too, and a good forager.

So today's answer is.... Welsummer.

7. dreamer43

dreamer43 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2013
    With my beautiful horse
    I like silkies.

8. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I am fond of Polish and silkies but I ADORE seramas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by