Favorite chicken treats on amazon?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickwalla, Oct 24, 2016.

1. chickwalla

chickwalla Just Hatched

Oct 23, 2016
    I was browsing chicken treats on amazon, and there is just so many! I would love to know your favorites, and what you think is the most value for the money.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    For economics I think BOSS (Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) make a pretty good treat. They may not like them as much as certain treats - like meal worms - but men sure like the seeds and they aren't too spend.

3. chickwalla

chickwalla Just Hatched

Oct 23, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback redsoxs! I want to teach this batch of chicks to come when called, so I am looking for the perfect, and affordable, treat.

4. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

I have to agree .. hands down .. mealworms!

We should, but do not, produce our own; I really do not need more critters to take care of and working full time, we are time poor so we order live ones online.

We keep them in a blue ice cream container and I swear if anyone walks into our garden and then out again with a blue ice cream container, they will have five chickens in tow!

As shortgrass mentioned, they are not cheap but in mine and apparently the girls opinion, the best chicken treat … closely followed by watermelon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by