Favorite Christmas Movie??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jeaucamom, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    We spent most of the day yesterday kicked back on the couch in jamies watching Old Christmas Movies. I LOVE doing this with my kids this time of year. I can not help laughing out loud when Bing and Danny Kaye are doing the sisters act in White Christmas. And no matter how many times I see it, I will always bawl at the end of It's a Beautiful Life. So..... What's your favorite holiday movie??

2. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. It is dumb but it makes me laugh, I also love the Grinch who stole Christmas:D

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I second that. Christmas Vacation is our must -see on Thanksgiving night. We have watched it every year since the early 90's.

4. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    My DH's favorite Christmas movie is The Chirstmas Story, he said it reminds him of his childhood. We watch all day christmas![​IMG]:D He loves the Bumbus dogs and of course the BB gun...

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    My all time favorite is " A Christmas Story ". I love it when the boy sticks his tongue to the flag pole. I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday.

6. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    As far as Oldies go..."It's a wonderful life."

As for newer ones..."Scrooged"

7. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I don't really care much for the newer Christmas movies. It seems anything that remotely has anything to do with it being about the birth of Jesus is taboo these days. Christmas story is my fav for comedy hands down. Charlie Brown christmas, the Grinch who stole christmas, Rudolph. I remember the waltons a Criistmas homecoming this was aired every year for a long time. A Wonderful Life is a classic. But one movie stands out and for the life of me I can't remember the name. The basic storyline that I can remember is back in the old days(maybe the 1800s?) a immingrant family has a large family and somehow the father dies and the mother is left raising the kids alone, well the best i can remember is the mother gets sick and is gonna die and the oldest son is left the task of placing all his siblings in good homes. It was a tearjerker for sure. Does anybody out there remotely know what I am talking about and tell me the title. Thank you

8. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine is It's a Wonderful Life" and 2nd is Miracle on 34th with Natalie Wood as the little girl....... love these 2 movies.......I don't care for the newer ones at all either

9. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    White Christmas is my favorite! Me and my mom watch it every year. The Charlie Brown Christmas movie is another one we always watch.

10. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Definitely "A Christmas Story"!
    As for cartoons, it's a tie between "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "The Grinch". I love the message in both that it's not about the STUFF.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by