Favorite Christmas song?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Nov 30, 2007.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Mine is Belleau Wood as sung by Garth Brooks. I posted the words to it on my page. First time I hear it each year I cry, but even after that it still touches me.

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Songster

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I like the original "Santa Baby" sung by Eartha Kitt

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Guess I do need therapy because I love "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]..........................

I've also heard there is a chicken Christmas caroling cd but haven't heard it....may put that on my list if Santa can find one!!!!

4. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Mine is A Soldier's Christmas. I think that is the name I don't know who narrates it. It is a redition of The Night Before Christmas. It came out about three years ago. Now everytime I hear it I get chills and cry at the same time. Merry Christmas to all Soldiers and their families. You make me proud to be an American!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  5. My favorite has always been Silent Night. It don't matter who sings it. I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas! Hopefully nobody is offended to me saying that instead of happy holidays.

6. Here's a link to two of my favorites:
    http://yule_rejoice.tripod.com/c-lyrics/hippo4christmas.html

We had the 45 when I was a small child and played it over and over til it broke.
    Just found it again a few years ago [​IMG]
    Drives my Hubby NUTS, 'cause I'll play it every morning (and sing it the rest of the day).

Merry Christmas!
    [​IMG]

7. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Songster

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Silent Night

8. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Songster

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    I'm tied between O Holy Night (Sung by whomever, but Celine can really kick it!) and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sung by Judy Garland!

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    sielent night

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  10. Silent Night [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: