favorite cleaning products :) because this is an ongoing theme for me!

hunterjumper999

Songster
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
Box Springs
I am in love with my Mr. Clean WITH fabreze countertop spray.

And Lemon Pledge.

I have not found a mop water additive that makes me happy- I've tried several, Lysol, spic and span, mr clean, fabuloso ... and i stick with bleach and very hot water- which i KNOW is not doing my wood floors any good- I am allergic to the murphys oil soap....

I'd like to broaden my horizons...so if you have a favorite let me know!

I absolutely adore the scrubbing bubbles. the commercial makes me feel so happy, with all those smiling bubbles scrubbing around my tub. they do great work on my shower and tub... and if you spray on sticky stuff (stickers etc) and let it set, it comes right off. i also love murphy's oil soap, so sorry you're allergic! I scrub the bathroom floor around my bathroom with one of those bleachy powder scrubs, i forgot what it's called, but it comes in a green tube with a shaky top. it works great, and bleaches away germs. I also love bleach, even though I know it's bad. as far as mopping floors, I get a hot sinkfull of dishsoap and water, put a hand/dish towel in it, wring it out and use it to scrub the floor on my knees. also, windex is awesome for windows.

Oh my gosh. The best cleaning product ever is Bar Keepers Friend. It comes in a can like comet.

Bar Keepers Friend removes just about anything from anything. It's amazing.

We stear clear of most "chemical" cleaners.
I use a bit of Dawn dishsoap to clean everything , and a bit of
baking soda if something needs scrubbed.
Bleach is reserved for cleaning out the hot tub pipes on occasion.

I know this sounds weird, but I use blue Dawn dishwashing liquid to clean the INSIDE of toilets. Once in awhile I will squirt under the rim with diluted bleach. Then I use a pumice stone to clean hard water deposits.

I have bought the expensive liquid toilet bowl cleaners and they only work AS well as Dawn for keeping away stains/grime in the toilets.

For the countertops, sinks, and other surfaces in the bathroom I use diluted generic Pine Sol in a squirt bottle. It costs about $1.50 for the concentrated liquid.

For the showers I use Comet (and I have a septic system so I use it sparingly)- but I have found I need the bleach action in the showers.

For the kitchen sink I spray diluted bleach and scrub.

For mirrors I use Trader Joes' green cleaning spray with essential oils- I forget the name-?Sage.

For floors I put a squirt of liquid castile soap in hot water. For my hardwood floors I ONLY use water with the exception of around a commode I use Pledge. This is at my husband's request.

I have a steam mop that I use also on the linoleum once in awhile.

For the granite countertops in the kitchen I use Trader Joes' cleaner or just hot water most of the time (unless we have company).

Simple Green use to be my all around favorite cleaner, now I am addicted to Krud Kutter! Its a miracle cleaner! It is Earth Friendly, Non toxic and biodegradable! It is a water based solution with no petroleum solvents, bleach or amnonia. I use it for the interior and exterior cleaning of everything, laundry stain remover, tile and bath cleaner, removes soap scum and mildrew without any scrubbing, my tile floors, grease splatters in the kitchen to grease in the garage............ I love it that much, I have even considered drinking the darn stuff.
lau.gif
Not only is it cost effective and easy to use, it is also effective on most surfaces. It is safe for people, pets and plants! I pick it up in 1.25 gallon jugs at my local Home Depot or Lowes, they have the best prices on it.

I use non toxic cleaning items normally.....on rare occasions I use bleach or something other for something special. I love Melaleucas products.....the laundry soap lasts forever.

Back
Top Bottom