Favorite hatchery?

Fast Chick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 11, 2008
I have had nothing but good results with McMurray, but the breed I want doesn't seem to be of good quality from them. Japanese Bantams. So I'm scouting out other sources for JB's and other future chickens.

What hatcheries have folks bought from that they've really liked or had bad things happen with?

Ideal?
Welp?
MyPetChicken?
all the others?

Ideal like real good they do the best to make pep's happy
thumbsup.gif

Eagle's Nest Poultry, up in Oceola, Ohio.
Great birds, even better bantams.
Bill is the goto guy when it comes to chickens.
What he don't know isn't worth knowing.

I just had a good experience with Cackle. Since hatcherys are starting to slowdown a little this time of year you might go to the "Raising Baby Chicks" section and look at the sticky titled "online hatcherys". Check out which ones still have chicks available in the type and quantity that you need.

Quote:
Wow, I never heard of them but they have everything I want and are pretty close! Thank you for posting them!

Glad to help fullhouse.

They are a small operation compared with MM or Ideal.

Bill and his son Jeff go all over the place judging shows and promoting the industry.

My daughter shows the birds we got from them and has done pretty well.

Eagles Nest doesn't have what I'm hunting right now, sure wish they did. I'm keeping them bookmarked for future orders.

I bought 13 chicks from Meyer last week, they were the only hatchery that had any. I called WELP, Cackle and McMurray, none of them had any chicks to sell. but Meyer did!!

Back
Top Bottom