1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Favorite Hunger Games?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleHobbyFarm, Dec 6, 2014.

1. LittleHobbyFarm

LittleHobbyFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2014
    The title says it all.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Book=Second
    Movie=Can't pick!

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Catching fire

I don't read so I haven't read the books but the second movie was BRILLIANT. One of those things that keeps you thinking for a while about it afterwards.
    Just saw the third, it was underwhelming lol. The first one I disliked so much! I have no idea why, it was just literally the one of the worst films I ever saw (apart from perhaps The Room :p) but that might've been also down to context, it was not a good day of existence on which I viewed it first; the film itself was below average for me to begin with so that made it worse lol.

4. Chickenchick11

Chickenchick11 Carpe Diem Premium Member

My favorite book and movie is definitely Catching Fire.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree; Catching Fire was my favorite in the trilogy.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wasn't thrilled with Hunger Games and thought Katniss was so stiff and emotionless. But much later I streamed it on my monitor. With it up in my face I could see her expression and emotion along with it, and had a much better impression of Jennifer as an actress. & liked the movie much more.

I did love Catching Fire. Part one of Mockingjay was awful - just another stall to sell more tickets before the end. I can't see how she would have picked Peta, ugh, I'd
    have taken Liam in a heartbeat.

Can't wait for November even though I cheated and read some of the back pages of the book fast, while I was shopping. Hope it plays out well at the movies.

7. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The problem with Mockingjay is that they split the book into two movies to make more money. They should have made one good movie from the book. I think part 2 will be much better than part 1.

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011

Yeah part 1 was just a big filler, but part 2 delivered! I went to see it on Monday and thought it was great :p I never read the books so I didn't see any of the endings coming lol.
    I never liked Peeta an ounce until this movie, but my opinion of him changed because of how they portrayed him dealing with his problems. I got more respect for him now.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  9. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    We went to see Mockingjay part 2 on Friday and enjoyed the movie. None of us though it was quite as good as the first two Hunger Games movies, but it was definitely better than Mockingjay part 1.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by