Favorite Non-profits for the Benefit of Waterfowl

eranr

Chirping
Dec 23, 2019
I am starting my estate planning and I would like to leave some funding for the benefit of ducks and geese. I have done a lot of research on waterfowl non-profits, but I wanted to get input from those who know more on the subject than I ever will. My estate is not that much by any means and the longer I live, the less it will be. However, with COVID19 running around, who knows? I just hope that my demise can result in the well being of ducks and geese. Do you guys have recommendations or favorite reputable organizations that serve for the benefit of waterfowl in some way?

I am definitely partial to organizations in my state of Utah, but I will certainly not exclude national entities. I have thought about Best Friends sanctuary, but they are not quite waterfowl centered enough for me. I have also thought about my local aviary, Tracy Aviary. There are quite a few waterfowl rescue organizations I have found, but they are often seem to be run out of a personal property or run entirely by a single person and therefore may not exist in 30 - 50 years (if I am lucky enough to live that long). I am open to waterfowl sanctuaries, waterfowl rescue organizations, veterinary assistance scholarships for pet waterfowl, or really anything that will help make the lives of wild or domestic ducks and geese have the best lives possible.

I will definitely research any recommendations to check for salaries/use of funds, etc. and to be confident that they will be around long enough to use any funds I leave behind if that happens to be 50 years from now (I may forget to update my will later in life).

Thank you for your ideas!

https://www.ducks.org/

"Ducks Unlimited is an American nonprofit organization 501 dedicated to the conservation of wetlands and associated upland habitats for waterfowl, other wildlife, and people. It has had a membership of around 700,000 since January 2013"

Back
Top Bottom