Favorite quick and easy eggs?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by mountainbunny, Dec 15, 2016.

1. mountainbunny

mountainbunny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    I typically am only cooking for one or two people and am looking for new ideas for preparing fast and easy egg dishes. I'm not a huge fan of scrambled eggs, kind of burned out of them at the moment. My favorite new way to make a quick meal is to bake an egg in a ramiken and toast an English muffin. Very yummy! So what are your favorite quick and easy ways to prepare one or two eggs? Thanks!

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My favorite is a hard fried egg sammich. chose your pork (ham, sausage, bacon) and cook. Use the grease to cook the eggs. Crack eggs into pan, season, then break the yolks. Wait until set enough to flip, then flip and sprinkle with cheese. Turn to low and cover until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked. Meanwhile, toast English muffin and spread with mayo and just a touch of mustard. Pork, eggs, cheese, muffin.....yum! That's my breakfast probably 5 days a week.

3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    That sounds great!

My favorite is a green chile baked egg puff, with beaten eggs, flour and cheese poured over green chile (whole or diced).

4. mountainbunny

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    Both those ideas sound very good! @FridayYet so can you give me more details on how to make the baked egg puff? I'm not much of a cook... So the more details the better! :) thanks!!!

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Sure thing mountanbunny, I'll get you the recipe when I get home next Tuesday. :)

It started with a recipe like this http://www.food.com/recipe/chile-egg-puff-80269. But I've adapted it for a smaller portion by using 4 eggs, a tablespoon of bisquick baking mix, a handful of whatever cheese I have in the fridge, and some good green chile. Depending on your ratio, it can be more quiche like or more soufflé like. But it's pretty forgiving and hard to mess up.

Promise I'll talk you through it when I get home. :)

6. mountainbunny

May 26, 2016
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks!
    Hmm. Wonder if I could adapt this to my little ramikens? I don't have a baking dish and I cook in a small convection/toaster oven. Live in a tiny house and so appliances are all adapted to that!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. KenStorm989

KenStorm989 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2016
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i do this think, with scrambled eggs, and lots of fresh grated Parmesan cheese! Some ground black pepper!.....Diced Red and Green Pepper and Onions!

Pretty basic i know...but I like what i like!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by