1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Favorite treats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Leah567, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I was wondering, What is a goats favorite treat? Mine is a little scared from being in a new place and I want him to perk up!

2. LearninMyFlock

LearninMyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Hello, I don't feel real qualified to answer your question as I'm still having visits with my kids before bringing them home. But the dear lady who I'm getting them from gave me this list of treats that's ok for us to feed them. Feed only small portion during snack time. .... these are treats not main foods. AND MAKE SURE ALL PIECES ARE VERY SMALL To Avoid choking. Animal crackers broken in small pieces, raisins, cornchips, bread, watermelon pears, peaches, bananas, grapes, carrots, lettuce, celery, pumpkin, squash, spinach. Hope this is helpful. If yours are like mine it might just take time. Mine aren't really ok with me yet (haven't been over tons yet) but she said They take time to get used to you. Not much experience yet:) still learning myself and Didn't bring my babies home yet:) we are waiting until they are weaned.

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Mine love tortilla chips.

4. cra-zchicknlady

cra-zchicknlady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2015
    A friend had a few pygmy goats, they would just about climb a person for apple slices.

5. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write the list down for me! It helps!

6. LearninMyFlock

LearninMyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Sure thing:) I'm getting so excited to bring my babies home also and keep learning more:)!!! Best wishes! !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by