Favorite Treats?

hummingbyrd

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
near Rochester, NY
I have read some lists of "extras" that you can and cannot feed to chickens but I was wondering what everyone is finding their chickens FAVORITE treat is?? Also, is there anything that your chickens kinda turn up their beaks at?
My hens absolutely refused cucumber today and i was suprised but they will do just about anything for pumpkin lol. My sweet girlies
big_smile.png

Mine love strawberries.. I cut the top off and leave a little of the berry... they don't eat the leaves though... I gave them some cooked rice this after noon and they liked that.. weren't too enthusiastic with bananna.. they liked cottage cheese... Next trip to the store I want to get some cantalope and see if they like that.. and watermelon when in season..

Our girls will eat anything, and I mean anything! But if you have chili dogs you will have to fight to keep them off your lap. I actually saw one jump and take a bite off the other end that my husband was eating. We looked at each other and said "SOAB did you see that. " They also love spaghetti and meatballs.

Mine love grapes, bananas, carrot peels, cantaloupe, strawberries and today they got two huge tomato worms that they played keep away from each other with. Anytime I come out with something in my hand they automatically think they get a treat. I like to hold the grape vine and let them jump up and get a grape one at a time. It helps with the sharing process.
wink.png

my chix dont eat strawberries or watermelons... i gathered up a bunch of small slugs from the garden area, and they wouldn't touch it at all... and when i spit on the ground, they are all over it...
roll.png
what's wrong with my chix?

Mine's favorites are cooked whole wheat spaghetti and coincidentally, spaghetti squash. I just cut them in half and lay them out and pretty soon, there's only a well picked shell left.

Back
Top Bottom