Favorite Wild or Freshly Grown Foods

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Sumatra503, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I made the most amazing Mushrooms today!! Chanterell mushrooms are my favorite thing and they grow like weeds around here.

I also love Huckleberries and Vinicin Jerky.

2. LeeShane

LeeShane Spammer

Dec 4, 2010
    I’ve completed mushrooms pretty an only some times, more than I can calculate on both hands. All I have to utter is that each person should attempt this experience next to once in their life.

3. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I love morels and puffball mushrooms fried in butter. I'm always on the lookout for fox grapes. I made wild grape wine one year. It was so good. It was like a lambrusco and had quite a kick. My source dried up the and grew too far up the trees for me to reach. I'm also always searching for wild black raspberries, blackberries, mulberries and salmonberries. I love hunting for these things.

4. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    wild mint and camamel tea is also one of my favorites.

5. WhoopiePie

WhoopiePie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Queens, NY
    i've never foraged for myself, but when ramps are in season i go to the greenmarket and get a bunch. i think they are also called wild leeks?.... i love anything in the allium family [​IMG]

6. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Morels fried in butter. [​IMG] Tastes like the yummiest steak.

7. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    So I've heard, but I've never had morels before.

8. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Quote:All this morel talk is making me wish it was May (for reasons other than it is freezing here)! That's the morel season around here. The hubby and his friend go out morel mushroom hunting and we cook them up. They are sooo good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by