Favourite Chicken Treat?

NineChickens

Songster
May 23, 2017
What's your chickens favourite treat(s)? I think my girls favourite is meal worms and plain yogurt. They go crazy for that stuf, especially the meal worms! :)

ChicksLoveOregon

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2018
Central Oregon
My chicken's absolute favorite treat is the earwigs they find when I flip rocks over for them in the summer.

They also like smashed pumpkins & watermelon and sprouted wheat\barley greens.

Seaecho

Songster
Oct 12, 2017
High Desert, S. CA.
Sometimes it takes them a while to catch onto mealworms if they've never had them before. Only took mine 2-3 days though! Mine also like raisins, grapes, bananas, and don't seem to care for yogurt or scrambled eggs. I'm a new chicken owner, so still experimenting.

NineChickens

Songster
May 23, 2017
I
Sometimes it takes them a while to catch onto mealworms if they've never had them before. Only took mine 2-3 days though! Mine also like raisins, grapes, bananas, and don't seem to care for yogurt or scrambled eggs. I'm a new chicken owner, so still experimenting.

I found that my older girls love yogurt but the younger ones don’t seem to care for it. It might be a taste they pick up as they age?

X_and_Z

Songster
Feb 16, 2018
SF Bay Area
My Coop
My Coop
Mice that they hunt on their own :jumpy

Of the things that I give them, live meal or super worms are hugely popular. I haven't tried live crickets or hornworms yet but I suspect that they would be greatly appreciated.

Chelsa'sChicks

Songster
Aug 16, 2017
Cut up grapes, tomatoes and mealworms are the favorites here. They also enjoy cut up left over spaghetti (with sauce) as a rare treat lol. Chickens can eat almost everything we can.. no avocados, beans or green potatoes though they are toxic.

Shepshill

Songster
Feb 19, 2018
New Jersey
How early do people introduce chicks to berries and greens? I have given my chicks mealworms, scrambled eggs, and a little oatmeal, but I haven't tried any of the fruits or greens we give to our adults.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom