1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fawkes laid her first egg today! Pictures and a story...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by farmerinKC, Aug 1, 2011.

1. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We got our nest boxes ready-just in time-two days ago-with the pine shavings and easter eggs-two orange ones and one green one. Fawkes was checking it out yesterday and she kicked the green egg out of the box-but no egg yesterday. This morning she laid the cutest little egg! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Fawkes. She is a Golden Comet and she will be 16 weeks old in two days.
    [​IMG]

It's just a tiny little egg. The cutest egg I have ever seen! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best part of this little egg story is that...My son Josh built our coop and made *many* modifications on it over the course of the summer. Fawkes is the only chicken whose name he picked out-and he guessed she would be the first to lay an egg...Fawkes laid this egg on his first day of medical school. Two exciting things in one day! [​IMG]

This is a picture of Josh and the coop he built-before the last modification, which was to cover the run and make it tall enough to stand in.

[​IMG]

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Congrats on both... [​IMG]

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    What a great story. Congrats [​IMG]

4. blefky