Fayetteville Arkansas Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Dustin Biery, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Anyone go? Do any good? I was there, showed two birds, did okay, but wasn't satisfied with my results. Hard to find a judge who knows my breed without having to look in the SOP. Got one DQ in the first show (it was a double) for bird being out of class, but just one of those things, every judge is a little different because the same bird won first place, BB, BV in the second show.

2. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    I went and really enjoyed it. It was a bit odd, since in the miniature horse show world I know everybody and I didn't know ANYBODY there~LOL I bought the silent auction bird carrier that fits perfectly in the back well of my mini van. LOTS of pretty birds! I can't wait until the Shawnee, OK show!

3. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I am just getting back into showing birds, and I knew very few people there.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Sorry...

I am glad I didn't take my birds. None of them were in condition, save for the RIR pullet. Then there was the issue of me forgetting it was my BF's birthday...

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    So what was the breed, and what was the out of class issue?

6. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    It was an Asil, and not sure what the out of class issue was. I wish I would have asked the judge, but I only assume the judge thought she was a different breed. I really not sure, and didn't question him on it like I should have.

7. biomistake

biomistake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Russellville
    DW and I were there but didn't show. I was going to see how it worked... plus to look at some nice birds. The silent auction was cool... I would have liked to have picked up the RIR breeding pair but wanted to live... a peaceful life. There were many nice birds there.

8. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    I am late to posting this, but i went and it was my first poultry show and i loved it. i actually expected more breeds though aand I had no idea how popular the modern game bantams were.
    i

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by