Fayetteville, NC - Farm Animal Emergency! UPDATE

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
We simply don't have enough space to help these people, but maybe some BYC members in the Fayetteville area (or surrounding area) can be help these folks.

From the ad:
"We are moving from Ga. to near that area. Because of multiple events that had a domino effect, we are not going to be able to get onto our farm when we thought we would. It will be Sept. 1 before we can move the first box or animal. We are retired ( i was a nurse, my husband a police sergeant) hobby farmers. We can sleep in Walmart parking lots in the car for a month if we have to, but even Walmart draws the line at farm animals. We desperately need someplace to put our farm animals from the end of the first week of Aug. until Sept. 1. We have 8 dairy cows, 4 quarterhorses, 1 mini horse, 5 dairy goats, 4 grown sheep with 2 lambs, 25 - 30 various poultry critters (chickens, guineas, turkeys, ducks, chinese geese) and one small rescue, pot-bellied pig named Petunia, who grazes with the other farm animals. She does NOT root. Someone is moving into the farm we're moving from, so staying here is not an option. We are within days of this being a full-blown animal emergency. We don't even have enough time to sell them. We had a barn, but all of our animals are used to being outside, not stalled. We grass - feed only. We feed no grain, so we need only pasture. We could park our horse trailer in the pasture for the poultry to sleep in at night. We've put our belongings into storage and are retired, so one of us could always be with them to watch them. We get paid at the end of every month and could afford some for rent, but most everything we have for Aug. is tied up with this move. We are really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is there someone out there, or someone who knows someone who knows someone that can help us out, please?"

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/grd/1865151421.html

Last edited:
I sent them an email and they said they would like to have the animals setup in North Carolina. I am checking with some of my friends in that area to see if they know someone who could help.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Update from the Cooks about their situation:

To all of you wonderful, big-hearted, caring folks who offered help, support and best wishes THANK YOU! All of the "Cook" critters - both four legged and two legged, now have a place to stay until our farm is ready for us on Sept. 1. We accepted an offer from a gentleman who has an unoccupied farm in exchange for our helping him to ready the home for renters in Sept.
Steve and I don't have words to describe the depth of our gratitude to all of you. We were amazed at the ourpouring of concern for our animals from all of you. Again, thank you so very much.
Sincerely,
Steve & Teresa Cook

greenfamily, thanks for the update. now you need to get them set up on byc so we can see all there animals. i am so happy it worked out for them.

Back
Top Bottom