FDA claims we have no rights

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaJoAnne, May 18, 2010.

1. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2010

2. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Songster

Infuriating, but what do you expect when the FDA is ruled by special interests in the food industry (big ag).

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Sweet peas. I'm speechless.

Also, 'no God given right' my butt.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  4. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i read the bill, and it doesnt seem that unreasonable to me..it says that it excludes individuals.

5. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Even if it doesn't pass they will enforce it by tax. They will tax whatever they feel we "shouldn't" be allowed to have and the put it in their deep deep pockets.

6. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Quote:I'm not worried about the bill per say.
    Its the fact that they blatantly make claims, like what I quoted!
    I am not shocked by it at all. Just infuriated!

7. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, they were probably trying to be all technical to get their bill passed, or something. or maybe it was out of context?
    who can say but i am glad there are food safety bills..i have read a lot of old cookbooks and housekeeping books and the things people used to get away with regarding the selling and preparing of food being sold is scary! "not referring to "the jungle" as it was NOT about food safety, as a lot of people think."

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, they were probably trying to be all technical to get their bill passed, or something. or maybe it was out of context?
    who can say but i am glad there are food safety bills..i have read a lot of old cookbooks and housekeeping books and the things people used to get away with regarding the selling and preparing of food being sold is scary! "not referring to "the jungle" as it was NOT about food safety, as a lot of people think."

9. Debob

Debob In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    who would have thought our goverment wanted more control? Things are changeing,and not for the better. With the way the countrys going it will not be long before they want to start more controls over all food. Look at whats happenning on every continet,food shortages,loss of libertys,ec.

10. aprophet

aprophet Songster

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Virginia's motto is on our state flag I whole heartily agree with our motto it is none of fdas business what I eat when I eat it or where they can take note of the mistletoe on my shirttail [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by