Feather footed 'Ameracauna'

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lostnstars, Mar 31, 2015.

1. lostnstars

lostnstars Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    The feed store got in 'Ameracaunas' today! I picked up two pulleys. One is VERY tiny and has feathered feet. No feathering on cheeks. She is a very light silver and cream color with some chipmunk markings. Thoughts? I know feed stores don't carry true Aneracaunas and that I really bought EEs but I didn't think EEs had feathered feet.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Technically, an Easter Egger is any mixed breed that lays colored eggs, so a feather-legged ancestor is possible. However, feather-legged Easter Eggers aren't very common, and I would lean towards your feather-legged chick not being an Easter Egger. If you post some photos, we might be able to help identify it.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

If she is very tiny she may be a bantam. Maybe check the feathered feet breed chick pics?
    http://www.mypetchicken.com/about-c.../Chickens-Porcelain_d_Uccle_Bantams-P256.aspx

Cochins are also feather footed bantams...other breeds too. Easter Eggers do come in bantam as well but they are clean footed. It is possible that the lineage of the chick has some feathered feet.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  5. lostnstars

Jun 12, 2014
    This site does not like my iPhone. I have pics but it won't load. Sigh. I'm also having internet issues so I'm going to try again in a little while.

6. lostnstars

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. lostnstars

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. lostnstars

Jun 12, 2014
    She if course ran through the waterer and then pooped and walked in it within 10 seconds of me trying to get these lol. But the feathers go all the way to her toes.

9. lostnstars

Jun 12, 2014
    Okay, I think ChickensareSweet is right about the Cochin. I looked at pictures and it seems to be pretty close. Maybe a partridge or penciled? I can't wait to see what she looks like as an adult!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by