Feather-Footed Khaki Campbell?? updated with *PICS*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rachel, Jul 21, 2008.

1. rachel

rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I had a khaki campbell hatch about 5 hours ago and I just noticed that she has fuzz on the outside of both ankles (the same place it would be in a feather-footed chick). I checked the other duckling that's about 24 hours older than her and she didn't have any of this ankle fuzz. Does anyone know what this is? Are there such things as feather-footed ducks?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I have seen this listed as a disqualifier for ducks in shows, so it must be reasonably common.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    It sounds like it is a common "defect" since it is in the standards as a disqualifier. It sounds really cool though and I would appreciate pictures! Please?

-Kim

4. rachel

rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    So, it's possible that they will stay then? I think that's neat. [​IMG] They're for eggs, not show. Anyone have a pic of an adult duck with feathered feet? I will post pics soon.

Edit, PICS- the fuzz may be a little difficult to see. Posing for pictures isn't a ducklings favorite thing to do. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    When I had welsh harlequins I hatched out many with down on the legs. I had one that ended up with a few feathers on the legs as an adult. I have heard that it is more common in cayugas. It would be awesome to eventually have feather footed ducks.

6. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    This makes me want feather footed Indian Runners.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by