Feather footed mixes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by warmfuzzies, Feb 28, 2009.

1. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I have chicks from a Partridge Rock roo and Cochin hens.

Will this cross produce feathered feet? They seem to all have them, but I wondered if some of the ones without feathered legs could be from them or if they will definatly all be feathered.

Also, would some of them have chipmunk backs, or would that be from my other rooster, that maybe got to them too. He is an EE.

I will get some pictures for the chipmunk thing. [​IMG]

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    It could go either way I would think. Not positive but that would be my guess, some with and others without [​IMG]

3. Rooster-Spur

Rooster-Spur Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    They will all have feathered feet. at least in my experience with Brahma mixes f1 all have feathered feet. But maybe someone has created that exact cross can tell you more about it.[​IMG]

4. Rooster-Spur

Nov 17, 2008
    On the second page of topics There is a thread with lots of pictures of feather footed mixes. Where I posted asking for pictures. with same title as this post. Maybe that will help . hope I have been of somme help and that someone with a definate answer will reply. Btw featherfooting is a dominant gene although amount of feathering depends on other things that i know Nothing about. Hope this helps.[​IMG]

5. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Oh, thank you! I did a search, but diddnt go read through all the threads. Sorry I started a new one!

6. Rooster-Spur

Nov 17, 2008
    Your welcome.[​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I don't think they will 100% have the feathered feet although it is a dominant gene. I have a cuckoo maran X showgirl that isn't feather footed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by