Feather lice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mrbstephens, Aug 21, 2010.

  1. mrbstephens

    mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

    What can I use for feather lice that's safe? I feed with organic feed and prefer to not give my chickens chemicals. I use DE in their hen house, but they're definitely showing signs feather lice damage. Thanks!
     
  2. mrbstephens

    mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

    Is this safe to use? Prozap[​IMG] Poultry & Garden Dust
    It says it's 25% permethrin. What's the other 75% made up of? Is it safe to eat the eggs during treatment?
     
  3. mrbstephens

    mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

    [​IMG]
     
  4. dawg53

    dawg53 Humble

    23,342
    1,231
    448
    Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sevin dust will kill them in a heartbeat. Redust in 10 days. Sevin dust is safe for this purpose and you can eat the eggs after use.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by