Feather Lover Farms Ayam Cemani Experience?

CiaBia

Songster
Feb 12, 2018
Miami, Florida
Hello all!
I've been on a long hunt for a truly black Ayam Cemani rooster to replace my current ones with mullberry in their combs. I've tried several members on here but none seem to have any available at the moment.

Does anyone have any good (or bad) experiences with purchased Cemani's from Feather Lover Farms? I was looking to buy a rooster or cockerel, but their 6 week old started fowl is $300 which seems.... steep. I'm thinking about just purchasing their 3 chick assortment for $100 and get an extra hen or rooster out of it (6 weeks isn't worth $200 for me). I tried messaging them on their website and they didn't answer. :oops: If you've had good experiences buying from other farms, please feel free to share!

Any help or advice at all is much appreciated!!

Don't buy from them. I personally had a bad experience with them, and I know others have too. Copying my experience from where I've posted it elsewhere:

"I had the exact same thing happen, also with an order from FLF. The chicks were delayed and, I'm sad to say, most of them were dead when they arrived. I lost the rest soon after. They sent me a replacement order and even though those did not get lost, those chicks too arrived mostly dead.

And then, since they were working with me and had offered to send another shipment if I bought more chicks from them so they could send a larger number at once, I left them a positive review. They immediately stopped responding to my messages and did not ever send more chicks after that."

That's the short version.

Some other things you can read:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/trouble-with-feather-lovers-farm.1195562/#post-18911416

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report.../feather-lovers-farm-scam-ca-internet-1405284

Lots of bad feedback floating around Facebook too.

They have also been extremely sketchy about saying where their 'new' own line came from. As soon as anyone asks in emails they just stop replying entirely. This would lead me to believe they are illegally imported.

Thank you so much!! That is everything I needed, and more :thumbsupI'm very happy I decided to ask, and can safely say they are off my list now.

I'll continue my search through BYC!

Glad to help :)

Hatching season is starting up and I'm sure people will have extra growout cockerels soon. I know I will, lol. So you might start seeing more for sale in the next couple months.

I'm very glad you deterred me, these reviews are terrible! :eek:I'll have to start practicing my patience then, haha! I'll be stalking BYC sellers again :D

Thank you again!

Yeah, really not good! One thing that I didn't include in the above post is that they also sent me a chick with slipped tendons in both legs and I had to put it down. Just overall not good.

Wow, that is terrible. They definitely should not be claiming to have the 'Nicest in the World', it seems that their quality is all over the place as well. Though, most people that find the need to gloat about being the best tend to not be ;)

Yes, the people who bred my Ayam Cemanis got some of their breeding stock from FLF and had nothing positive to say about the experience. Overall, they were unhappy with the line and didn't feel it was all it was hyped up to be.

Back
Top Bottom