Feather Picking run a muk!!!!!!!! plz help (picks)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nova7353, Apr 12, 2011.

1. nova7353

nova7353 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Ive been haveing alot of bald spots on my girls and one of my roosters its gotin worse sence ive lost 5 hens to a dog attack, so at first i thought maybe there were to few hens for my 3 boys, so i put all three in my smaller coop, well it seamed to help my black jersey giant roo, his tail is growing back fast, but my hens seam like there geting balder, i have 20 hens and 2 turkeys in my large coop theres lots of room and i let them out all day 3 r 4 days a week, i order 15 more chicks so one day there my roosters wont have to few hens, but the blad spots r not growing back. im sure the hens r plucking them out i just dont know how to stop it, i checked for bugs lastnight and could not find a thing on my girs. ohhhh and there not a year old till the end of may ive been geting 15 to 18 eggs a day so there still pushing them out like crazy, plz help![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    And it is not all the birds, is it. Do you have some bullies that need to go to time out to put them lower on the pecking order?

3. nova7353

nova7353 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    nope all of them r pretty sweet the male turkey is the meanst but he only picks on them when theres food, ive never even seen the hens fight once, i dont even know who the top hen is lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by