Feathered yellow feet, primarily black with gray and white

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Carolyn, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    I am trying to figure out what kind of "grandchicken" I have in Alaska. I have one pic but it is not a good view for posting. She is black except for a gray head/neck and white on upper body and wings. Feet are yellow with feathering only on the outside of legs. My D-I-L said she has only gotten a couple of eggs from her young pullets and I don't know what the egg looked like. I am thinking maybe a braham of some type....looks almost like the negative from a pic of a light braham in one of the catalogues.
    If not a braham mama then what could she be? I have only seen bantam cochins and she doesn't have that many feathers on her feet.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    unfortuately, it is very hard to say without a picture [​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    try posting the pic or ask if you can get more to post

4. Carolyn

Apr 6, 2008
    I was hoping the description would be adequate. Maybe a pic and better description in the future. I had to enlarge this one several times to get a good look at the chicken but don't want to mess with the whole pic. It is possible she is a mix,

5. Carolyn

Apr 6, 2008
    I think this may be a roo and not a hen. It is colored like a black brahma male. They do have a young roo and this is possibly the one in the pic. Thanks anyway.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by