1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Feathering Out

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by urbanhatch, Nov 29, 2008.

1. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    My little one is feathering out. Hatched 10-3-08. What can she or he possible be? Very cool chick, like to watch it search for food and raise that tail [​IMG] Thanks for any advise that you may have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I think its a black game. I'm no expert, but someone else posted a thread with one that looked just like this little one and it was a black game.

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    It holdsit's wings and tail like a sebright or japanese bantum...

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Don't forget a Serama

5. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    Thanks, I am holding onto it for now. Very small, and very active. I also thought a it might be a .Serama, but maybe not. In any case nice looking chick I think.

6. chickorama

chickorama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's posture looks like a bantam. I couldn't tell you what type, since i've never had bantams myself, but he has that look going on!

7. renatpreschool

renatpreschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I picked up a chick identical to this in a bantam assortment at my feed store. I gave her away at the swap because I had no idea what she was! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by