Feathers In the Snow

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by monarc23, Jan 23, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I clipped some of my chickens feathers before a bad snow we had (wing feathers)....and now that the snow is melting i can see where I clipped the feathers off again....and I took two pretty shots...thought i'd share

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Wow! Those are very nice! I love photography, but I'm bad at close ups like that. Just love the fine details that you can see in the feather.

3. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Nice feathers. What are they from? The snowstorm we had here like two weeks ago is now melting and you can actually make a snowball! Finally. IT was powdery snow at first. Lol

Cody!!

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Wow, nice! What camera/lens are you using to get those great closeups? My Nikon D60 refuses to get more than 4 inches away.

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:you have a NIKON D60!!?! I'll trade ya! [​IMG]

I have a Cannon Power Shot SD900 I love the lil thing but boy oh boy would i LOVE what you have! LOL! [​IMG]

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I think the red one is from the RIR if not its from one of the EEs

the blue one is from BLUE the Ameraucana [​IMG]

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow - that 2nd shot is just gorgeous in its simplicity!

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine

I have a Cannon Power Shot SD900 I love the lil thing but boy oh boy would i LOVE what you have! LOL! [​IMG]

LOL! The whole package (lens, body, case, even memory card!) cost about $600 on Amazon. I bought it a few months ago. (I know it is unusual for a middle schooler to have that much $$ but I write and model so I get some...) Next stop: extreme zoom lens!

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

LOL! The whole package (lens, body, case, even memory card!) cost about $600 on Amazon. I bought it a few months ago. (I know it is unusual for a middle schooler to have that much $$ but I write and model so I get some...) Next stop: extreme zoom lens!

way cool!!! Mine cost like 400 when i got it and now you can get it online for wayyy cheaper lol!

I used to model for a bit when i was 18...but i only stayed in it for 3 months and never made a cent, but i spent a lot! My agent was less than what I would have expected [​IMG] Luckily i did it just ot see if i could do it and i did win a pageant so that was fun [​IMG] Now im almost 25 and am outta shape [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    nice! you have a good camera!...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by