Feathers! What do you all do with those beautiful feathers?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by firedancer57, Sep 9, 2010.

1. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Being very new to chickens I never realized how beautiful the feathers are. What crafts have you made with them? Jewerly? Dream catchers? what? I'd really like to know, and does anyone has some for sale or trade, please contact me.
    Thanks.
    Ann

2. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

My chick fight over and eat all the feathers that fall out of them. Maybe they'll grow out of that, but for now there's nary a feather to be found in the coop or in the yard. [​IMG]

Rachel

3. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:I have plenty of duck feathers layin all over the place LMAO. I dont know why, they just are, EVERYWHERE. You wanna pick em up you can have em LOL,

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I can remember when really cool ladies hats were made with feathers. I don't know what happed to the one that my mother had. I do know that I loved looking at it.

5. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    eventualy i will use my own flocks feathers for my fly tying

6. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Well maybe I have finally found the thread that will help me! I have TONS of feathers...cant seem to resist picking them up...I also have green/yellow/red feathers from my parrots. If anyone on here would like some mailed to them to do something (anything) with they are welcome to PM me. I guess you could just sent me a SASE and I could fill it for you! Simple right? How much can feathers weigh? THanks for helping me with this problem!
    Terri O

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  7. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    my kids collect our chicken feathers

8. firedancer57

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Quote:I would love some ! I have feathers from my Macaws and Umbrella Cocatoo that I have used to make ear rings, necklaces, Dream catchers and I am presently collecting the downy feathers from our house chick,Zee to make a small pillow for my son who's in the Army.

[email protected]

Thank in advance
    Ann

9. firedancer57

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Quote:We have several friends here that like to use the feathers from our Macaws for that too. Some of the flies they tie are really unique

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thats what my Bro does. He's pretty big in his fly tying world. My sis and I just think he's little bro hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by