Featuring our Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans pen 10+

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
We have a wonderful new pen of a Splash Marans rooster and a Blue Copper Marans rooster over both Blue Copper Marans and Splash Marans hens. Eggs will be ready to be shipped the week of Jan 2 after the Monday holiday. and 10+ means 10 will be available and extras will be shipped if available and payment is received promptly at the end of the auction by paypal - no e check as that delays the shipping of the eggs.

If all the ladies lay equally, you should expect roughly 70% Blue Copper Marans and 30% Splash Copper Marans. We have done fertility tests and I've had folks with excellent hatches from these as well. This Pen represents Bev Davis and Wade Jeane and also our own Garry farm lineage

If you like, you may schedule a pick up of the eggs at our farm, rather than ship.

Please remember that blue x splash will yield both blue copper and splash copper marans.

There have been several instances lately of folks borrowing photos without express permission from The Garry Farm.... I will be working on watermarks again this fall to try to deter this....Please do not borrow our photos without permission. It took years to bring our birds to their present confirmation and in some cases over an hour or even two to get a useable photo shot... I'm sure you understand! Please pm if this is not clear.

Our splash hen are nicely marked and the rooster is just spectacular!

Our splash copper rooster with some of the ladies
8875_splashcopperroo.jpg

A lovely pic of one of our Black Copper hens and one of our Splash Copper marans
8875_bbspen.jpg

And here's our Blue Copper Marans rooster with a bevy of beautiful hens!
8875_bbspen2.jpg

Here are some shots showing the leg feathering:
8875_bluecopperhens.jpg

8875_bluecopperhen2.jpg

I do have more pics and will be uploading them as our farm schedule permits.

All of the flock are feathered and produce feathered babies. Egg coloring has been wonderful. Color will be slightly lighter on some than others depending on where they are in their laying cycles.

Payment & Shipping Details:

For this auction, we are only able to accept paypal, not echecks and ship only within the continental US states. at the shipping rate above. Scheduled Pickups at our farm are also allowed. If you don't want to purchase online, but purchase directly from our farm, please pm and we'll be glad to do that as well. We accept paypal and money orders for direct purchases, not part of this auction. Money orders must be received prior to shipping orders. Pickups from our farm are welcomed and scheduled.

In order to mail these after the close of the auction, please paypal the us at the following address:

[email protected]

Be sure that your paypal mailing address is current and if you want to pick up at the post office, please let me know via a pm your phone so I can put it on the box! If you want insurance, please send $19 not $17, for shipping as the insurance from USPS costs us $2.00 more. If for any reason you want us to add a heat pack to the package, it is an additional $5.00 to cover costs of heat pack and the additional weight. This year the USPS will round to the next pound, so even if I have only .10 pound, it charges as if I have added a full pound.

For this auction, you will receive a minimum of 10 eggs and more if they are available the day of shipping.

We are very care about selecting, carefully packing, packing materials, priority shipping and confirmation delivery. If extra(s) are available at the time of shipping, I'll include those as well. Normally shipping is computed based on your zip code and whether you want insurance or express mailing instead of our regular priority shipping with confirmation delivery which is our normal way of shipping. To make this easier for the winner at the close of the auction, we have a set shipping amount which represents priority mail and confirmation delivery,shipping and handling costs,packing materials and taking to the post office, etc. If you want insurance, please add $2 more if you win the auction. If you want xpress mail, please contact me before payment as it will be more. (Our costs may indeed exceed the amount, but for the convenience of paying for the auction at the close of the auction and our ability to get the eggs mailed to you the next day after payment we will supplement mailing costs. Please be aware that shipping has increased for for this year for "weighted" packages which ours represent. We only ship within the continental US (48 states).

We ship eggs the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. After carefully preparing you package we drive your eggs to the Post Office, where our local post office sets the egg shipments to the side to protect them. They are then placed on the truck on the top of all the other boxes! Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care. For more information about our farm, please visit our website http://www.freewebs.com/thegarryfarm/
Please
check out our feedback.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA
and the current feedback system at the top of this listing.

More information about our full time farm and our philosophy is available at our website http://www.freewebs.com/thegarryfarm/
or
facebook The Garry Farm
Since we full time farm, the website may not have all the flocks photos. That is an ongoing work project for us.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy Happy Buying and please pm me with any questions you might have

Edited to correct typos

Nancy, if I were to win 2 of your're auctions would the eggs ship together?

Finally have some Extra money for some of your're eggs! Oh and I hope you still take MO!
smile.png

We take only paypal for auction/buy it now listings.....So the eggs will be fresh and current...........

So, if you want to directly purchase any eggs, we can do that as a standard order and pm me and I'll let you know the details...First of course I would be the money from you and sometimes that takes a while, then I cash it and then I mail..
smile.png

So please let me know and e mail me at [email protected] for the shipping and money details.

Thanks and have a blessed and Happy New Years!

Many of you have asked exactly how we ship eggs. Here's what we have developed at the Garry Farm after 5 years of shipping eggs!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=8875

It's worth the extra time, materials, gas/wear/tear on our old cars, to give these eggs the best chance we know how to become eggs. I take a long time to wrap these eggs and then package them every so carefully. I think of the distance they will travel and pray for their travelling safety and for the household that will receive them.

Feel free to copy our system and make it yours, but if you list any pictures or our description of how it's wrapped, please do give credit to The Garry Farm.

Thanks and have a blessed New Years Day! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom