fed spaghetti for the first time

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 19maycraft, Jan 11, 2008.

1. 19maycraft

19maycraft Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Smithfield, NC
    Well, they really liked it, but as they were eating it..it seemed to get wrapped around their heads and stuck in the feathers...I had to pick up each one and get all the spaghetti strands out of their feathers..but I think they really liked it..is this normal? I also fed them bread and celery and cut up hot dogs

2. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I've never had to pick it off of them... Try buttering it so it can just slide off...Mine go nuts for it!!
    Sylvia

3. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    We feed ours bean sprouts they like them.

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Mine like the sprouts also, I love to feed them shaghetti someitmes, it is so funny watching them. Mine never get stuck you should let them eat it off each other
    :iipchick

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Does anybody have pics of their chickens eating spaghetti? I promise to take pics if I ever try it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  6. okto

okto Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2007
    los angeles
    i'll try and take some tomorrow

cracks me up, someone will grab a piece and run
    leaving a trail behind them

7. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    [​IMG]I didn't realize how hard it would be to get action pics of the gang jumping for spaghetti. But this is what I was able to get.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think you can get the jest of it though.[​IMG]
    sly

8. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Cute, I have never tried spagettie...

9. stylus46

stylus46 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2007
    Middlesbrough, UK
    i give mine spaghetti but i chop mine to about 2inch lenghths easyier to manage aswell as to eat!

Stylus

10. Ma

Ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Camanche, Iowa
    Pasta of ANY kind is my girls' favorite treat. If I give them spaghetti I do chop it into pieces.

When the weather gets really cold here, as in single digits and below zero, I give the girls warm elbow macaroni before bed and when they get up in the morning. It really warms them up and gives them extra carbs to keep warm. And besides all that, they LOVE it. A box costs .54 at Wal-Mart, so its cheap too.

My girls don't like cracked corn that much, the grain of choice for keeping warm. So its all Italian here when the weather is cold! (And even when it's not, they love it so much. If the temperature is warmer, then they get cold pasta.[​IMG])

Also, its much easier to feed them elbows. I don't have to chop them up![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by