Federal and American Eagle 45 Auto ammo recall

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AKsmama, Feb 25, 2011.

1. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    My DH and I were FFLs until the beginning of this year when we gave it up. We still get the suppliers' emails and got this one today, thought I would pass it along in case anyone here has any of this ammo. Mods please delete or tell me to and I will if this isn't appropriate- I just know a lot of people here own guns and wanted to get out the word.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto may contain an incorrect propellant charge. Use of product from these lots may may result in firearms damage and possible serious injury.

DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS: 38X628 through 38X765
    38T401 through 38T414

If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers, check and see if the above ammunition contains the above lots: American Eagle (AE45A, AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion (WM5233), Gold Medal (GM45B), Hi-Shok (45C, 45D) and Federal Personal Defense (C45C, C45D).

Warning only applies to the lots listed above."

I'm not going to give out the 800 number because honestly, I don't know whether this applies mainly to FFLs or not. I would say contact the seller of the ammo if you have any of these lots and they can tell you what to do. They should have the info [​IMG]

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    good to know...

don't think I have bought any .45 loads in awhile but I am gonna check

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Thanks, I'll tell DH he has lots of 45 ammo.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Good thing hubby only shoots Winchester and Cor-Bon's out of his .45. Though, even if he shot any of that ammo that is recalled, it wouldn't help. We take all of our ammo out of the boxes and keep it in ammo boxes, so it is all inter-mixed and we would have to get rid of all of it.

I will tell my FIL, though. I'm not sure what he shoots.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I'm good, all my pistols are wheel guns. [​IMG] I like my guns to go bang every time I pull the trigger....

6. foweler

foweler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    Yowsa....
    Good thing I haven't used factory in many years.

I'm curious, if your willing to divulge....how intrusive was being a ffl?

7. foweler

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    Quote:Keep em clean!

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks for this information - I was planning to get some .45 ammo- this is good to know!

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Keep em clean!

If it needs to be clean to work there's no point in me carrying it.

10. foweler

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    Pocket lint?
    Laziness (I'm prone to that one)

I was watching a show about I think it was anew Springfield for military service (means desert nowadays) that is designed to run without oil and good for 2000 rounds between cleaning.
    For the life of me I can't remember what it was but it looked good to me.

If I make sure my P220 is clean and I haven't loaded any stupid combination of bullet and seating depth that won't feed I'm confident in it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by