Fedex Shipping

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ddeans, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ddeans

ddeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Does anyone know how good FedEx is at getting packages delivered on time???

I ordered a 1502 Sportsman and it left Georgia yesterday, and as of 12:48 am, ir arrived in Charlotte NC. Still no where near me, but halfway. It has been sitting there for 11 hours now, due date is tomorrow. Even if they put it on a truck to get up here tonight will I still get it tomorrow???

What could they possibly be doing with it? Trying to hatch out eggs they found in some one elses package or what?

[​IMG]

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have a package that doesn't show movement since early am yesterday. It is also due tomorrow. Maybe they are having difficulties with the website updating? That's my hope anyway!! My package is filled with last minute Christmas packages... [​IMG]

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    It is the holiday season, so many items are being shipped that the shipping companies are overwhelmed, happens every year.

4. ddeans

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How far away is your package from you? Is it close at least?

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    There are a couple of considerations....

1. The ice storms. Power is still out in some areas. No power, no shipping info on the computers, no way to route drivers.

2. The season. Holiday volume is always a bear.

3. DHL canceling their domestic ground service. We have a copy and print shop and also offer shipping to our customers. We JUST got approved for DHL shipping, got everything set up, and then they announced they were stopping their domestic ground service. We, along with most other people in the same boat, switched their accounts to Fedex. You can only get a UPS account to sell shipping if you buy a Mailboxes, etc franchise.

4. The post office is worse than usual. I have had several customers tell me that the people at the post office are even slower than last year. They shipped with us (even though we were a little more expensive) just so they didn't have to put up with the jerks at the post office.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  6. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I've gotten packages on my door step when the website said it has JUST been departure scanned. I think there's a lag from when it actually is scanned for departure and when the hand held scanner thing is downloaded to the central computer.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It's gotta be the time of year.... Just two weeks ago, a package took 4 days to get here from somewhere, the exact same order, for the same product, from the same place, took over a week last week. Gotta love the holidays and shipping.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They probably shipped it FedEx ground..... which is like UPS... It will probably get there on time. Most of the things we send that way make it on time. It's when I send it overnight that they mess up. [​IMG]

9. ddeans

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I just checked and it FINALLY left Charlotte NC. It doesn't say where its next stop is but hopefully either Baltimore, MD or Newark, DE. If they drive all night which I think they do I should still get it tomorrow. I hope.. [​IMG]

10. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine still shows "arrived at fedex" in Memphis on 12/15 at 2:56am.
    Maybe it will update soon. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by