Feed and Water Covers/Shelters

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by tydempe, Jul 23, 2016.

1. tydempe

tydempe Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2014
    Waterloo CA, USA
    Ok, does anyone have any design plans for feed and water covers/shelters they'd be willing to share? Water keeps getting warm, and the feed wet during rain if I don't put it up. Thanks!

2. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

My hubby made a nice sturdy covered feed/water station with 2x6's and 1/2 sheets of plywood.
    On each side is a roost bar, too!
    He also covered the roof with tar paper and shingles that we had left over from a different project.
    Wish I could take a photo and post it but my daughter is at work and she's the one with a smartphone[​IMG]
    Don't laugh!

1 person likes this.
  3. tydempe

Nov 23, 2014
    Waterloo CA, USA
    Yeah I'd love to see that if you get a chance! Don't bother if it's too much trouble though lol

4. koopmaster

koopmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Olean, N.Y.
    Hello,
    My wife read about some hopper style feeder someplace, told me about it so i thru this together with some scrap pieces of 2x4's and a couple pieces of left over plywood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I kinda shot from the hip on how big it needed to be for our 17 bird flock (that is ALWAYS growing in size!!!)
    But it will hold 100+pounds of feed, we have used pellets, mash, and crumble. Nice thing is the little "trough" the fedd is eaten from keeps spill and scratching out to a minimum, plus its rodent and weather proof!

5. tydempe

Nov 23, 2014
    Waterloo CA, USA
    That's great, thanks! I like your coop too by the way lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by