Feed At Night Or Not??

ellenmartin

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
I've been putting feed/water in the coop with the geese family 2 parents 4 goslings 3 weeks old at night and they are making a HUGE mess at night.....

Do they need food at night? They get up every 30 minutes and eat and drink or every 2 hours or so (I have a camera in the coop and can hear/see what happens at night in there) and it's incredible how many times they get up and eat and drink in the middle of the night!!!!! Like babies seriously!

I want to know if I just stop with the food it will cause a problem..... really want to just put water in there....

What to do what do you do?

I close my adult parent geese and their 5 week old goslings into their little barn each night WITHOUT food or water at nightfall. They all do just fine.

Joni

I went ahead and put them up tonight and put the water in there but no food.....

They are 3 weeks old.... they won't drown themselves drinking water will they???

They are drinking it and hanging around the waterer .... I can see them on the camera......

I'm not sure what type of container you're using. The most important thing to consider is if they get in - can they get back out?

I like your camera idea!

Joni

Yeah they can only drink from it - it is a large chicken waterer 3 gallon I thin. They can dip their beaks and get water ---- but that's all - since it's night time.

I'm watching them on monitor now to make sure they don't over drink.

They are just sitting around the waterer, not sure what that is all about........ might take the water otu all together but don't want to have problem in the morning.....

Don't want to put feed in there cause it's not necessary and is such a mess! Not sure about the water -thought I would leave it in if they are thirsty but didn't know they would hover around it..... GEEZE!!

anyone?

Back
Top Bottom